You have your baby in your arms.
What would benefit now is postpartum doula support. National Capital Doulas offers postpartum doula support to Ottawa families during the day, evening, and overnights. We work together as a team to support our families because our goal is to mitigate disruption to booked care. We also have a special service for The First Night. Contact us to inquire about our postpartum doula support. We also offer Additional Services such as infant feeding support, babywearing education, and placenta encapsulation.
Our postpartum doula support, as well as our additional services, are available to familes living in Ottawa, the Outaouais, and surrounding areas.
Postpartum Support - $30/hour
National Capital Doulas extends our care and support by providing postpartum doula services to families in the Ottawa and surrounding areas. Our highly skilled and well trained postpartum doulas will support you in home as you navigate those first weeks and months of parenting. Whether you are expecting your first child, welcoming multiples or growing your family we will be by your side helping you with what you and your family need most.
- helping you transition to life with children
- normalizing infant behaviour
- infant feeding and soothing
- postpartum healing, nurturing and routine for parents and babies
- sibling transition
- community resources
- light housekeeping and meal prep
- short errands
"Amie and Danielle's postpartum services helped put my husband's mind at ease that I would have the daytime support I needed to take care of myself and our firstborn, Arwen. Their help around the house and with Arwen was invaluable as we navigated those first tumultuous and sleep-deprived months with a newborn. They were kind and gentle with Arwen and took care of the household chores so that I could have some much needed time to myself to shower and rest!" D.C.
"National Capital Doulas were there for our family when life brought us two little bundles of joy. Of the different doulas I worked with from NCD, all of them made me feel competent and supported my choices as a mother. Their friendly approach was welcomed and much-needed for this first-time mom - it helped me feel normal, social and gave me much-needed adult interaction. I have recommended NCD without hesitation since working with them and will continue to do so." R.R.
First Night Home - $395 + HST
The first night home with your baby is equal parts exciting, special, daunting and overwhelming. Maybe you've spent 1 or 2 nights in the hospital and have had nursing care a buzz away... perhaps you've had the dutiful care of your midwife through your pregnancy and birth and are now flying solo. Your relatives are coming to help you out in the early days, but your baby comes earlier or later than expected and it will be a few days before they arrive. We remember well the feeling of loading your sweet new baby into their carseat and heading for home, only to arrive and wonder what comes next. You don't need to wonder anymore. Now you hire an experienced, qualified, caring and compassionate National Capital Doulas postpartum doula. She will join you on your first evening home and spend that first night with you. She'll be there to answer your questions, help you feed your baby, soothe your baby, understand your baby. She's also there to make sure you get some rest, that you're fed and hydrated. She hears you and takes care of all of you so you can enjoy getting to know your baby.
- One prenatal visit from one of the National Capital Doulas experienced postpartum doulas. They will help you prepare your home for baby, talk you through what to expect from your doula and the services that first night, and answer any questions you have before your baby arrives.
- A 10-hour overnight shift with a National Capital Doulas postpartum doula on your first night home. She will provide overnight support and assistance to mom, baby and family.
- Continued email support throughout the first month postpartum. You don't have to rely on Google, a quick email to us and we'll make sure you receive the answers you seek, and the reassurance you need. See “Overnight Support” for more details.
Overnight Support - $35/hour
You feel like you've found your groove during the day time hours, but overnight is challenging. Look no further – the National Capital Doulas postpartum doula team is now offering overnight care. Our overnight shifts are booked as a minimum of 8 hours to a maximum of 12 hours because it is important to maximize the help you receive overnight from our highly trained team.
We tailor our shifts to provide you with what you need most, and in particular can support you with the following:
- normalization of infant behaviour and infant sleeping
- how to integrate your new sleep realities in to your family life
- infant care and soothing through the night
- night time feeding
- practical help so you can make the most of the sleep you receive, which will optimize your postpartum healing and well being
Special hourly rate available on packages of over 200 hours. Special rate applicable to overnight support only.