You have your baby in your arms.
What would benefit now is postpartum doula support. National Capital Doulas offers postpartum doula support during the day, overnights and we also have a special service for The First Night. We also offer Additional Services such as lactation support and placenta encapsulation.
National Capital Doulas extends our care and support by providing postpartum doula services to families in the Ottawa and surrounding areas. Our highly skilled and well trained postpartum doulas will support you in home as you navigate those first weeks and months of parenting. Whether you are expecting your first child, welcoming multiples or growing your family we will be by your side helping you with what you and your family need most.
- helping you transition to life with children
- normalizing infant behaviour
- infant feeding and soothing
- postpartum healing, nurturing and routine for parents and babies
- sibling transition
- community resources
- light housekeeping and meal prep
- short errands
Special hourly rate available on packages of over 50 hours.
First Night Home
The first night home with your baby is equal parts exciting, special, daunting and overwhelming. Maybe you've spent 1 or 2 nights in the hospital and have had nursing care a buzz away... perhaps you've had the dutiful care of your midwife through your pregnancy and birth and are now flying solo. Your relatives are coming to help you out in the early days, but your baby comes earlier or later than expected and it will be a few days before they arrive. We remember well the feeling of loading your sweet new baby into their carseat and heading for home, only to arrive and wonder what comes next. You don't need to wonder anymore. Now you hire an experienced, qualified, caring and compassionate National Capital Doulas postpartum doula. She will join you on your first evening home and spend that first night with you. She'll be there to answer your questions, help you feed your baby, soothe your baby, understand your baby. She's also there to make sure you get some rest, that you're fed and hydrated. She hears you and takes care of all of you so you can enjoy getting to know your baby.
- One prenatal visit from one of the National Capital Doulas owners, Amie Scharfe or Danielle James. They will help you prepare your home for baby, talk you through what to expect from your doula that first night, and answer any questions you have before your baby arrives.
- A 10-hour overnight shift with a National Capital Doulas postpartum doula on your first night home. She will provide overnight support and assistance to mom, baby and family. See “Overnight Support” for more details.
You feel like you've found your groove during the day time hours, but overnight is challenging. Look no further – the National Capital Doulas postpartum doula team is now offering overnight care. Our overnight shifts are booked as either 10 or 12 hour shifts because it is important to maximize the help you receive overnight from our highly trained team.
We tailor our shifts to provide you with what you need most, and in particular can support you with the following:
- normalization of infant behaviour and infant sleeping
- how to integrate your new sleep realities in to your family life
- infant care and soothing through the night
- night time feeding
- practical help so you can make the most of the sleep you receive, which will optimize your postpartum healing and well being
Special hourly rate available on packages of over 100 hours.